A native of the city of Prešov, Ms Marcinková graduated in acting at Academy of Performing Arts in Bratislava. In addition to theatre, she is also a television and film actress. It is a lesser known fact, however, that she has been an accomplished long-distance runner ever since her childhood.
As a child she played in amateur theatre. Yet, as an
adult, she wasn’t too keen on becoming a professional actress. She was studying
for entrance exams in pharmacology, but also applied – with a friend, to the
Academy of Performing Arts – and she passed. As a student she started acting in
theatre as well as in film. She featured in Slovak and international films,
- Osudové peniaze / Fateful Fortune (Jiří Krejčík, 2010),
- 360 (Fernando Meirelles, 2011),
- Move On (Asger Leth, 2012),
- Vojtěch (Viktor Csudai, 2015),
- Dôverný nepriateľ / Intimate Enemy (Karel Janák, 2018),
- Šťastný nový rok (Jakub Kroner, 2019).
In the film 360 she stared alongside Hollywood actors including Anthony Hopkins and Jude Law, and in Move On with Mads Mikkelsen.
Ms Marcinková features in Slovak televised series such as Kolonáda (Stanislav Párnický, 2013), Doktor Martin (Petr Zahrádka, 2015), Tajné životy / Secret Lives (Ján Sebechlebský, 2015-2017).
Despite her televised appearances, she remains faithful to stage and featured in a number of Slovak theatres, including as
- Desdemona (William Shakespeare: Othello, 2010, Theatre Aréna, Bratislava),
- Elaine Robinson (Terry Johnson: The Graduate, 2010, Theatre Aréna, Bratislava),
- Mattie Barnes (Horace McCoy: They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?, 2012, Slovak National Theatre, Bratislava),
- Ľudmila, Johanka (Ján Chalupka: A Year in Kocúrkovo, 2013, The Andrej Bagar Theatre, Nitra),
- Denisa (Michaela Zakuťanská: Single Radicals, 2013, Prešov National Theatre, Prešov),
- Anna, Lucia (Stanislav Štepka: Sčista-jasna, 2013, Radošinské naivné divadlo),
- Denisa (Valéria Schulczová, Roman Olekšák: Doctor Macbeth, 2014, The P. O. Hviezdoslav City Theatre, Bratislava),
- Mária Grochová (Michaela Zakuťanská: Good Place to Die, 2015, Prešov National Theatre, Prešov),
- Zuzana Lásková (Stanislav Štepka: Lás-ka-nie 2, 2016, Radošinské naivné divadlo),
- Karla (Michaela Zakuťanská: The Day When Gott Died, 2017, Prešov National Theatre, Prešov),
- A number of characters (Joël Pommerat: The Reunification of the Two Koreas, 2018, State Theatre, Košice).